Tiramisu Ice Cream 2.0
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 5 1/2 tbsp Sugar
- 6 oz Mascarpone Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Strong Coffee, to dip Lady Fingers
- 1 tbsp Kahlua Coffee Liqueur
- 1/2 tbsp very fine Coffee powder
- Warm milk and cream over medium heat till bubbling but not boiling
- Use hand mixer on high, whisk egg and sugar to pale yellow color, add Mascarpone cheese and continue to mix till smooth
- Temper the egg mixture by adding 2 table spoon of hot cream mixture, stir till combine completely. Pour the egg mixture into the cream mixture. Over medium heat, stir continuously, for about 5 minutes, till the mixture form custard consistency.
- Place custard in ice bath, or keep in refrigerator over night, till temperature reach below 40F.
- When custard has a temperature below 40F, add coffee powder, coffee liqueur and vanilla extract.
- Soak lady fingers in coffee, squeeze out excess and mix into custard.
- Follow ice cream machine instruction, start process.
- Place the ice cream in air tight container and freeze overnight.