Tiramisu in a Cup
The following ingredients can make 7-8 small cups of Tiramisu. Since there is raw egg yolk in the recipe, I normally make small batch like this to be finished in a day.
- 4oz Mascarpone Cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoons of Coffee Liquer
- Espresso or strong coffee, enough for dipping 24 round cookies
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 24 homemade Lady Finger (round)
- Cocoa powder for decoration
- Make a double boiler by boiling 1/3 pot of water, set a large bowl on the pot. Place egg yolk and 2 tablespoon of sugar in the bowl, beat till pale yellow.
- Beat Masacarpone cheese and 1 tablespoon of coffee liquer till smooth
- Place heavy cream in a clean bowl, beat on high speed, add 2 tablespoon of sugar and beat again till stiff and shiny
- Combine 3 mixtures, fold (do NOT stir) till completely incorporated
- Soak 1 cookie in coffee at a time for a few seconds, place in the cup, layer 1 tablespoon of cheese mixture on the cookie, continue with 2 more layers of cookie and cheese mixture until it’s almost full to the rim.
- Place in refrigerator for couple of hours, dust top with Cocoa powder and serve immediately.