Chocolate Truffle Tart
When I saw the recipe, I knew I would love it and couldn’t wait to make it. Sure it is, it’s so creamy and silky. When served at room temperature, it melts in your mouth.
This is to make a 4 inch cake. If you are using 8 inch spring-form cake pan, then multiply the ingredients by 4.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Inactive Time: 4 hours
Calorie per Serving: 220
- 4 inch spring-form cake pan
- 7 pieces of Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers
- 1 tbsp of butter, melted and cooled
- 2oz of good dark chocolate, 60% Cocao Girardali premium baking chips was what I used
- 1 tbsp of butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 egg, beat, use half of it
- 2 tbsp of heavy cream
- 1/2 tbsp of corn syrup, you can also use sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix ground wafer and butter evenly using a fork, put on the bottom of the pan, tap it down and up the sides. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool in the pan.
- While waiting for the crust to cool down, make the filling by melting chocolate and butter on low heat.
- Whisk together egg, cream, syrup, salt, and vanilla extract. Add chocolate mixture into the egg mixture, whisk till combined well.
- Pour chocolate and egg mixture into the cooled crust. Tap on the counter once.
- Bake about 20 minutes for 8 inch cake, much less for the 4 inch. Constantly monitor the progress. Remove from oven when it’s set around and puffed, while still jiggle when shaken. Cool it completely and put in refrigerator uncovered for at least 4 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator, dust on cocoa powder. Serve at room temperature.
Recipe from Gourmet 2007