Creme Caramel 焦糖奶油
This is Creme Caramel or Flan in a jar with caramel sits at the bottom. If it’s baked in pie dish, you can simply flip it over and the caramel will then sit beautifully on top. As opposed to Creme Brulee, this is soft caramel.
- 2/3 Cup of sugar
- 1 can (14oz) of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Cups of heavy cream
- 1 Cup of milk
- 5 eggs
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a small saucepan, heat sugar over medium heat. Shake, swirl, stir gentally to avoid burn. Sugar melts gradually, then lift the pan over the heat and let the sugar caramelize
- Spoon hot caramel into the baking container. Caramel hardens very fast, so work quickly
- Beat eggs and add all other ingredients and blend thoroughly
- Sift the egg cream mixture to remove air
- Pull mixture into container
- Bake in water bath (large pan fill with water up to half of the height of the container) for 50-60 minutes or until set depending on the size of the baking container. Top should be browned.
- Take out of water bath immediately to avoid over heating
- Flip over if baked in pie dish. It’s actually very tasty served warm, room temperature or chilled.