Sea Salt Caramel Sauce
- 1/2 Cup of Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Heavy Cream at room temperature
- 1 tbsp of Butter
- a pinch of sea salt
- Over medium high heat, place sugar at the bottom of 1.5 QT sauce pan, let sugar melt. When sugar starts to melt, whisk. Sugar will lump together, than all melt eventually.
- When sugar turn amber color (do NOT burn it, keep whisking), add butter and continue to whisk.
- When it turns into a dark amber color, remove from heat and slowly pour in heavy cream and add salt. Whisk till incorporate completely.
- Let stand for 10 minutes to cool, then pour syrup into a glass container to be stored in refrigerator for up to a month.