Apple Pie – A Family π Day Tradition
Pi Day tradition at home is to make all kinds of pies. The one that always gets on the table is apple pie.
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 pieces of 9 inch pastry sheet
- 3 tablespoon of flour
- 1/2- cup of white sugar
- 1/2- cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of water
- 6-8 apples, if use sweeter apples like Fuji, cut down a little bit in sugar
- ground cinnamon
- Preheat over to 425F
- Lay 1 pastry sheet on pie dish
- Peel, core and cut apple to slices, not too thin, mound apple on the pie dish
- Sprinkle cinnamon occasionally
- Cover pie with lattice work with the 2nd pie sheet cut into strips
- Over medium heat, melt butter, add flour and form a paste, then add sugar and water, bring to a boil
- Pour mixture over apple pie, let it soak into apple slices
- Bake for 15 minutes, then lower temperature to 350, bake for another 35-45 minutes.
- Serve hot with ice cream, yummy!