The Ultimate Cheesecake
Tyler Florence’s cheesecake uses a mix of cream cheese and sour cream and the result was superb! What I changed from his basic recipe is to cut butter in half for the crust, cut sugar by about 25%, and used key lime juice actually brought back from the Keys.
I am using a 4-inch spring-form pan for the cheesecake, multiply the ingredients by 4 if you are making 8 or 9-inch cheesecake.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Bake time: 35 minutes
Inactive Time: 5 hours +
Calories per Serving: 240
- 8 pieces of Grahams (about 32g)
- 1 Tbsp of butter, melted and cooled
- 4 oz of Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 Cup of Sour Cream
- 3 tbsp of Sugar
- 1 egg (if making 8 inch cheesecake, use 3 eggs)
- 1 tsp of key lime juice
- 1/4 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 325F
- Ground Grahams to very fine powder, mix with butter. Dump in the bottom of the pan, use a small glass or measuring cup to tap down the Grahams, and up 1/2 on the sides. I also made one with just the bottom layer of Grahams. Place in refrigerator for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Use a hand mixer and beat cream cheese at low speed till it’s soft and fluffy. Add egg, beat till smooth. Slowly add sugar and continue to beat. Then add in sour cream, key lime juice and vanilla extract. Beat till well combined and smooth. Pour filling into cake pan.
- Place cake pan on aluminum foil and fold foil up to prevent water from getting from the bottom of the pan. Place cake pan in a large roasting pan. Fill the roasting pan with hot water half way up the side of the cake pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. The center of the cake should still be jiggle. Let cool for 30 minutes before chill in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight like I did.
Recipe courtesy of Tyler Florence with modifications.