Interactive 2018/19 EFL Championship League Table in Excel Download
Free Download Interactive 2018/19 EFL Championship League Table in Excel
I have created an interactive 2018/19 EFL Championship League Table in Excel. The Excel table has the same features as the one for the Premier League.
The spread sheet calculates the Win, Draw and Loss probabilities of each fixture. Based on the calculated probabilities, the spread sheet will predict the score of each fixture. Furthermore, it allows the user to run Monte Carlo simulations of the entire 2018/19 season. The Monte Carlo runs are then averaged to predict the final league table.
The spread sheet supports the following features.
- Generating the league table from manually entered scores.
- Generating the league table from automatically “guessed” scores. The “guessed scores” are generated based on the Win/Draw/Loss probabilities.
- Predicting the final league table by running Monte Carlo simulations. The user can specify the number of Monte Carlo runs.
The math behind predicting games is documented in detail in the this post. In short, I use the SPI (Soccer Power Index) published by fivethirtyeight.com to predict the outcome of the games. As a matter of fact, our predicted league table is very similar to the predictions by fivethiertyeight.com.
The spread sheet also offers a cople of unique features.
- SPI Adjustment Factor (SAF). “SAF” allows the user to tweak the SPI values from fivethiertyeight.com. You can strengthen or weaken a club by using a positive or negative SAF value. This comes in handy when the user happens to disagree with the fivethirtyeight.com SPI values. It also allows the user to analyze other possible scenarios and see how they play into the final league standings.
- The user can enter “imagined” scores for future games. This allows the user see how the outcome of a future game changes the standings of the team. For instance, one can answer questions like this: where will Man U stand if they beat both City and Liverpool later this season?
The spread sheet also contains tabs that lists every fixture sorted by clubs and date. There is a chart where the points of three clubs are plotted. The user can select any three clubs to plot.
It works with MS Excel 2010 or later. You need to enable macro in Excel to run it.
If you have questions or suggestions, please leave a comment at the bottom of this post. Enjoy!
Current Revision is Rev 1.1. (Updated on 12/16/2018) Screen Shots:
Verify Captcha first. Download will start automatically.
Follow this link to download Interactive 2018/19 EFL Championship League Table in Excel.